Vegetable Maggi, sometimes also known as Masala Maggi, is just another variation of the simple Maggi noodles recipe in India.
And as you might have guessed it already, it is usually prepared with different types of vegetables and spices. It’s not a very complicated dish, though it does take more time than most of the other Maggi variations.
However, the time factor shouldn’t stop you from making this delicious dish at home. It is a complete meal in itself, which means you can quickly make it whenever you feel hungry.
It can also be a perfect snack time dish for the kids, as they get to enjoy their favorite noodles and you get to feed them some healthy veggies at the same time. It’s a win-win situation for both of you.
Now, let me show you the way I make Vegetable Maggi in my kitchen. Here’s the recipe –
Total Time – 25 minutes
Serves – 2-3 people
- Maggi Masala Noodles Packet
- Onion – 1, medium sized, finely chopped
- Tomato – 1, medium sized, finely chopped
- Tomato Ketchup – 1 teaspoon
- Green Peas – 1/4th cup, peeled & cleaned
- Carrot – 1 tablespoon, chopped into cubes
- Capsicum – 1 tablespoon, chopped into cubes
- Coriander Leaves – 2 teaspoon, finely chopped
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 teaspoon
- Maggi Masala Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
1. Heat some oil in a Kadai on medium flame. (You may use your favorite utensil for this preparation.)
2. Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes away.
3. Add the onions and salt in it. Sauté them for few minutes.
4. Once the onions turn translucent, add the tomatoes and fry them till they become soft and mushy.
5. Now, add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and Maggi Masala powder in this base and cook for a minute.
6. Add all the vegetables and cook them for 6-7 minutes under the lid.
7. When the veggies are cooked, add the Maggi noodles and water in it. Cook it for a couple of minutes.
8. Finally, add the tomato ketchup and coriander leaves in the Maggi and mix well. Switch off the flame.
Serve it hot in a plate.
Variations for Vegetable Maggi
I like to make my Maggi dish in the same fashion as I have shown you above, but you can twist its recipe for more interesting versions.
Here’s how to do it –
Schezwan Style Maggi Noodles –
Do you know the recipe of Schezwan Hakka Noodles? Follow the same steps for Maggi noodles as well.
If you don’t know how to make this type of noodles, don’t worry. Here’s a quick recipe for you –
1. Prepare the Maggi noodles without masala packet and keep them aside.
2. In another Kadai, heat some oil and fry the ginger-garlic paste along with sliced onions and salt.
3. Add the Schezwan sauce, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and vegetables in it. Stir-fry till they are cooked.
4. Put the noodles on the top of cooked veggies and mix gently.
Note – I haven’t included the Maggi masala, Soy sauce, Chilli sauce and Vinegar in this recipe. All these ingredients are not necessary for this type of noodles, though you may add them as per your taste. Schezwan sauce is all you need to make it flavorful.
Leftover Vegetable Pakoda in Maggi Noodles –
Sounds interesting? It tastes amazing too!
The one thing I like about this variation is that it can be made with the leftover vegetable pakodas. Now, let’s learn the trick to make this dish at home –
1. Prepare a simple Schezwan base in your Kadai with the help of finely chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste.
2. On the other side, boil the Maggi noodles and keep them aside.
3. Add the leftover pakodas in the Schezwan base and coat them gently on low-medium flame. Cook it for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the boiled noodles and stir well for another 2 minutes.
5. Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Note – Chilli/Capsicum Pakoda and Onion Pakoda taste good with these noodles. You can even use vegetable Manchurian balls in place of Indian pakodas.
Vegetable Masala Maggi is probably the best innovated snack dish in last decade. I can’t think of other recent dishes that are so balanced in nutritions and taste.
Many nutritionists don’t recommend instant food dishes for health reasons, and I completely agree with them. But, if the Maggi is going to be your last option, then I believe the aforementioned recipe should help enhance the nutritional value of the packaged noodles.
Sometimes you can’t resist the temptation of enjoying this type of delicacies at home. So, forget about the calories for a day. Enjoy this delicious Maggi noodles dish now and run an extra mile next day in the joggers’ park.
How do you like your Maggi? Share your recipe with me in the comments below.